Tricky question. And with no straight answer. If you are blessed to have a working space surrounded by nature things are definitely easier. Open up the windows to let the sunshine in and go for small strolls every once in a while to breath some extra fresh air.
What happens if you work downtown then? There are a few tricks you can follow to get things going. You can try to
- add some fresh greens and flowers in your working space. If you're a serial indoor plant killer try a few faux ones (at least you'll be getting the green touches),
- light a flower scented candle (smells like outdoors pronto ;),
- music is a mood booster must have. You can opt for background sounds of nature that act subliminally and don't disturb you from working (like birds and water springs) or something more active like cuban classics (well, not actually sure whether dancing and e-mail answering go well together..),
- forget coffee and drink a fresh juice in a colored glass (let all the vitamins power up your brain and inspiration),
- gear up with beautiful and inviting bright stationary (maybe you will like your todo lists after all),
- dress up your desktop screen with a vibrant, feel good wallpaper or/and use your inspiration board as a summer vacation planner and hang all those amazing love-to-go places (caution: this might cause severe daydreaming- totally inappropriate for tight deadlines).
So, what do you do to get your work done despite the tempting sunshine?