When I first saw this renovated old mill house in Wales I was instantly attracted by it's exquisite welsh countryside style. Owner Linda Cobbett literally transformed a Victorian old mill and stables into a functional home for her and her daughters and won herself the title of Best Period Renovation of 2010 as voted by the readers of UK magazine Period Living.
- The high ceilings and the large metal windows, remnants of the industrial use of the building.
- The natural materials being retained and restored, as the stone on the walls and the stipped wooden floorboards.
- The old drive wheel of the mill, used as a chandelier in the living room.
- The U shaped kitchen island, formerly used as a counter in a sweet shop.
- Vintage furniture and decoration collected by the owner in auctions and sales for years.